Thread: any parents buy there kids "bindee's"?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

any parents buy there kids "bindee's"?

http://consumerist.com/consumer/some...ghb-319277.php

for those who dont know or remember there a toy were you fit beads together, then add water, to glue them into various colourful shapes.
    There being recalled as theyve been found to include a raver drug known as "greivous bodily harm". This is a pretty recent article so id be careful if you bought these as i saw an ad for these not ten minutes ago on tv.

United States
    I saw that at consumerist earlier today. Glad I did, as my youngest is hoping Santa brings her a set.

United States
    Wow, nothing like inadvertantly giving your kids GHB, isn't that the date rape drug? Every week there are new product recalls from products made in China, when are people going to just stop buying products made there?

First they were selling poison toothpaste, then they were selling poison toys and now they are selling toys that turn into GHB when metabolized. I bet it's part of their agenda to take over the world
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

United States
    Don't forget the budget special Chinese car parts. Bound to stop working (if they work out of the box, that is) in 1 month or 1000 miles, which ever comes first.

United States
    No kidding. My moms company makes precision grinding machines that are sold world wide. They are pretty much the best there is and they are constantly having to void warranties from companies that are using the cheap imitation replacement parts from China. The metals are not quality metals and actually destroy the machines.

Made in China is not quality and thats all I have to say.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

United States
    Damn, now i want Bindees for Christmas

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    There being recalled as theyve been found to include a raver drug known as "greivous bodily harm".
    Hells, that's GBH; not only a police code in the UK but also an old (and good) punk band. The raver drug is GHB.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How many toy recalls has this been now from China? I think it is time to kick their products to the curb and not allow any more chinese imports into the country until they get their sh1t together.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    How many toy recalls has this been now from China? I think it is time to kick their products to the curb and not allow any more chinese imports into the country until they get their sh1t together.
    Or better yet, start fining the hell out of companies that use unregulated cheap labor for the production of goods. $$$ is the only language of corporate weasels.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Or better yet, start fining the hell out of companies that use unregulated cheap labor for the production of goods. $$$ is the only language of corporate weasels.
    "Corporate weasels" is right. I work in industrial manufacturing and you'd be amazed what goes on just to save a nickel. Large U.S. manufacturers are forcing smaller businesses to buy overseas because the price to do business in the USA is astronomical.

Most of the large corporations are comprised of smaller mom & pop operations, which they absorb by the dozens on a yearly basis. They throw out the labor along with a majority of the products that took decades of American ingenuity to develop, and just keep the brand names and patents. It's all done by bean counters who's only concern is for the bottom line.

United States
    I have always considered the chinese to be
    godless hydra headed anomalies.

any people that would run over thier own citizens
    on live tv with tanks
    and then go on tv and say
    it never happened after the whole world saw it
    tells you all you need to know about thier ethics

if they would do that to thier own people
    do you really think they care about us at all?

i mean cmon people

but i do want some of that ghb
    (i never said i was pure)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    any people that would run over thier own citizens
    on live tv with tanks
    and then go on tv and say
    it never happened after the whole world saw it
    tells you all you need to know about thier ethics
    Didn't we do that in Waco, Texas?

Aren't we still doing it, albeit without tanks but perhaps with other weapons like tasers? And when the videos show up on YouTube for all the world to see, why do so many American citizens rush to defend the actions of those who are quick to draw their weapons as the solution to most every problem?

And speaking of ethics, why is it when some filthy-rich corporate criminal is arrested for bilking the life savings of thousands of hard-working, middle class Americans, the authorities don't storm in with tasers? Why is some drunken buffoon always considered the "dangerous threat" worthy of being subdued by force when it should be obvious that the former example is the real terrorist threat to my rights and yours?

I think these are good questions.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Didn't we do that in Waco, Texas?

Aren't we still doing it, albeit without tanks but perhaps with other weapons like tasers? And when the videos show up on YouTube for all the world to see, why do so many American citizens rush to defend the actions of those who are quick to draw their weapons as the solution to most every problem?

And speaking of ethics, why is it when some filthy-rich corporate criminal is arrested for bilking the life savings of thousands of hard-working, middle class Americans, the authorities don't storm in with tasers? Why is some drunken buffoon always considered the "dangerous threat" worthy of being subdued by force when it should be obvious that the former example is the real terrorist threat to my rights and yours?

I think these are good questions.
    Got that right. Not that we are as evil as the Communist Chinese, but we are not sin-free ourselves.

The United States allowed through free trade agreements the Chinese to get to this point. And what is the result of the additional money that the communist government has received through the increased revenue (think about it, nearly everything in Wallmart and Target are made in China) but additional funds for their ICBM program, space program and more money for the secret police to jail and execute dissidents.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Hells, that's GBH; not only a police code in the UK but also an old (and good) punk band.
    city baby, city baby, city baby attacked by rats!
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."