Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how many of the dead films have you see on the big screen?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

how many of the dead films have you see on the big screen?

i have been lucky enough to have seen all of them including night 90 in theaters.

night68, dawn, and day at either the danbury theater, the esquire theater or the cincinnati reperatory (sadly gone now-turned into the cincinnati shakespeare company). night68 used to be shown at the rep theater every halloween, so i have probably seen it the most times of any of them-maybe 6 or 7 total. one halloween there was a double feature with night68 and dawn.

in fact i saw dawn at the danbury about 3 summers ago when they had old horror flicks at midnight on saturdays for a whole summer.

i saw night90 and land when they originally came out.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i was born in 82. so i only saw the dawn remake and land in theaters. soon to be three though.

Undisclosed
    Saw Night at the re-premiere for the 25th anniversary, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead. Also saw Savini's remake of Night. Waited for the HDdvd to see Land.
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 01-Dec-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Undisclosed
    Seen them all on the big screen in 35mm. DAY and LAND during the original theatrical releases, DAWN during it's re-release sometime around 1982. I was first shot down at the regular cinema for being underage, so I had to sneak into a drive-in during a double feature run with Mother's Day. Saw NIGHT at a revival screening in the mid 80s. It was a beat-up print, but the image quality was beautiful. This was way before the Elite laserdisc and follow-up DVDs, when the only way to see it was on crap washed-out VHS tapes, 16mm or Super 8, or the edited version on television. I remember those early 70s television broadcasts that had "a dramatization" superimposed on all the newsroom scenes.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 30-Nov-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I remember those early 70s television broadcasts that had "a dramatization" superimposed on all the newsroom scenes.

i wonder if that was because of the whole war of the worlds scare? after that whole nutty fiasco it seems media outlets had to play mr. obvious.

United States
    I've seen Night '90, Land and the Dawn remake on the big screen. I was supposed to see the original Dawn at a midnight show one year around Halloween but something had happened and I wasn't able to go. Unfortunately, they never did that again.
    D'Oh!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ****ing none

which is a shame as i think even today watching dawn for the first time on a big screen would be something special.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Born between GAR's first and second masterpieces, but I have not seen even one on the big screen. But, I may shatter that record if his new one ever makes it to America.

United States
    Great question.

Saw Night in '71 at the drive-in. Saw it again years later at a walk-in.

Dawn during its first run at a walk-in, twice if I remember correctly. Then, during the following two summers, saw it at least a dozen times more at the "Midnights" and a few more times at the drive-in. (I'll estimate that I've seen Dawn at least 15 times on the big screen.)

Day, first run at a walk-in, then again the following year at a double feature (Return of the Living Dead was also playing).

Night90 I missed seeing on the big screen.

Land, once during its first run.

-stray-

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Great question.

Saw Night in '71 at the drive-in. Saw it again years later at a walk-in.

Dawn during its first run at a walk-in, twice if I remember correctly. Then, during the following two summers, saw it at least a dozen times more at the "Midnights" and a few more times at the drive-in. (I'll estimate that I've seen Dawn at least 15 times on the big screen.)

Day, first run at a walk-in, then again the following year at a double feature (Return of the Living Dead was also playing).

Night90 I missed seeing on the big screen.

Land, once during its first run.

-stray-
    god weren't drive-ins the sheyat?? great place to see movies you never would've seen in the big chain theaters. also smaller, neighborhood theaters like the esquire in cincy are one of the other places you might catch a real gem on the big screen. sadly they are going the way of the dodo and the drive-in.

if you don't mind me asking - what part of ohio are you in?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ****ing none

which is a shame as i think even today watching dawn for the first time on a big screen would be something special.

at least u got shaun of the dead. i LOVE that movie.

" yea both of my friends,a failed actress and a TWAT!'

"i did NOT call diane a failed actress!!"

Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    god weren't drive-ins the sheyat?? great place to see movies you never would've seen in the big chain theaters. also smaller, neighborhood theaters like the esquire in cincy are one of the other places you might catch a real gem on the big screen. sadly they are going the way of the dodo and the drive-in.

still got em here,bro. another one just was built
    Last edited by acealive1; 01-Dec-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    still got em here,bro. another one just was built
    arrgh. there are only two left around here. one in oakley (a neighborhood in cincinnati) and one in hamilton - which i don't visit unless heavily armed.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post

That would be the Dayton area.

All of the drive-ins around here are long gone with the exception of two near Wright-Patterson AFB. Now that you mentioned it, I realize that most of the walk-ins where I saw the films are gone too (except for the one where I saw Land, that was a newer cine-plex).

-stray-

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ****ing none

Same here bud, but I ****ing hate the pictures, I don't think they are that good for watching movies to be honest, people rustling about, moving around and generally spoiling the atmosphere (especially when you get a few rowdy cock-ends who are guffawing and stuff.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    That would be the Dayton area.

oxford here. the double whammy- butler county and entirely too close to indiana.