Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Stink of Flesh: Worst zombie movie I've seen yet...

Super Moderator

United States
    I liked the first RE film. It was good fun with decent, slow zombies. The CGI was crappy, though and I get why RE purists don't generally like it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    At the moment, my Top 5 would go:

1. Dawn of the Dead (78)
    2. Night of the Living Dead (68)
    3. Day of the Dead (85)
    4. Dawn of the Dead (04)
    5. Land of the Dead

Though it depends which day it is, and what mood I'm in. Sometimes Night '90 will sneak in, and sometimes 2-5 get shuffled. The original Dawn is always #1, though

United States
    If "zombie-ish" could qualify, The Last Man on Earth would break into my #4 or #5 slot.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomBub View Post
    Dare I ask why? Or by answering that would you implicate yourself in some sort of crime? [COLOR="Silver"]

?
    It wasn't badly acted. . . .it was a very different spin on the basic survival theme. Good zombie makeup. There were some things to like about the movie. I think it would have been much better received if the main actress had actually been attractive tho. That was the main movie kill for me. Ahh well. . .any port in a storm right?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Twitching

United States
    ::sighs::
    I get a lot of crap for being a fan of RE1 & 3, but I've stuck by them over the years. As time has gone by though, I find my resolve concerning RE #1 to be waning.

HOWEVER, I will continue to defend RE: Extinction. Good budget, nice supporting cast (they grabbed two of only 3 non-Alice actors from #2 and brought them to Extinction, which gave it a sense of continuity)....The ONLY believable, extensively portrayed plotline of the Nomadic Armed Convoy in a zombie apocalypse.

Yes, I could've done without the stupid Alice-is-psychic/telekinetic nonsense, and I freely admit the movie has several flaws, but there are a lot of things I like about it too.

The opening with Alice on the road...the portrayal of Umbrella having used its resources intelligently to preserve their operation (and personnel) despite humanity's near-extinction...the excellent camera usage in really illustrating how zombies begin to first trickle, then pour down on you in a flood if you remain stationary....Hell, I even love the irony of how the main villain's sick cloning-followed-by-serial-slaughter was turned against Umbrella by Alice to create an army of genetically modified super-soldier hot chicks.

I'm NOT saying RE: Extinction is some cinematic masterpiece, but it makes my top 5 through a combination of well-done plot devices, the portrayal of a wide/large-scale setting, and just being an enjoyable 90 mins.

My only true UGH moment/feeling about the movie is the contrived feel of the climactic conflict. That, and since when do crows land on humanoid forms still staggering around and pluck flesh off them? (how I imagined the crows getting infected, though I suppose its possible they simply fed on the bodies of headshot zombies, and then spread the bug amongst themselves).

I'm much less invested in defending Land's place on my Top 5 list, but have no hesitation about not including Romero's NotLD, but including Savini's. It all comes down to being absolutely infuriated by the constantly hysterical, completely useless Barbara of Romero's version. The kick-ass, gutsy and smart Barbara of Savini's remake just puts it head and shoulders above the original IMHO.

The scene in Romero's Night when Barbara basically just screams and hardly resists as the zombies get a hold on and begin devouring her....it makes me want to beat my head against the wall when I think of Savini's cool Barbara.

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    At the moment, my Top 5 would go:

1. Dawn of the Dead (78)
    2. Night of the Living Dead (68)
    3. Day of the Dead (85)
    4. Dawn of the Dead (04)
    5. Land of the Dead

Though it depends which day it is, and what mood I'm in. Sometimes Night '90 will sneak in, and sometimes 2-5 get shuffled. The original Dawn is always #1, though

see now this i can totally agree with! although i would put the dawn remake b4 Day!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    see now this i can totally agree with! although i would put the dawn remake b4 Day!
    Sometimes I flip them. But right now, I figure if I listed Dawn '04 before Day on this site, I'd get e-crucified.

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Sometimes I flip them. But right now, I figure if I listed Dawn '04 before Day on this site, I'd get e-crucified.
    ha! your right! you know something i recently came back on this site after a good 1 &1/2 - 2 years about 2 weeks ago and come to find nothings changed as far as that goes! lol

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Raiders of the Living Dead is the worst film ever. Not just the worst zombie film - the worst film. there is NO internal logic
    You do realize that this is because, like most releases from Sam Sherman, Radiers of the Living Dead was cobbled together from two different films?

Not claiming that is an excuse for being illogical, of course.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    nothing could possibly be as shit suckingly bad as "the special dead" or "motorcross zombies from hell."

both are almost incalculably idiotic.

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy shit that looks bad. Where do you find this stuff, mike?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Holy shit that looks bad. Where do you find this stuff, mike?
    a couple of years ago i downloaded a bundle of zombie flicks and these two gargantuan pieces of cinematic dog crap were included.

even the most die hard zombie fans should beware of these two flicks.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    even the most die hard zombie fans should beware of these two flicks.
    Too bad this is great advice for 90% of all zombie movies.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Too bad this is great advice for 90% of all zombie movies.
    I would go as far as 95-98 %.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would go as far as 95-98 %.
    I was being polite. But I agree with you.