Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Stink of Flesh: Worst zombie movie I've seen yet...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Opinions are subjective, I guess. I think where Andy's coming from is: yes, a lot of films have worse editing, effects, production values, etc. than Land, but none made him feel as miserable and disappointed as that movie. Simple. I don't really agree about that specific movie, but his points make sense and I can understand where he's coming from.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Automation Transfusion is probably the worst zombie film I have ever seen.
    What a coincidence; that happens to be coming up on my list pretty soon. Oh joy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The question was 'what's the worst zombie movie that you've ever seen, and what made it so bad?' and i answered that, without wanting to type out my long post again, hows that waving a flag? i answered a question with a well written peice on why i dislike my least favourite zombie movie..
    I was just poking fun at your "it's not open for discussion" comment.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Wanna know what's sad?

House of the Dead II is actually not bad for the low-budget, direct-to-DVD class.
    Ja, I slapped it with a two brain rating, as opposed to the one brain rating I gave the original.

Now, if you want BAD, though not EXACTLY a traditional zombie movie, there's always Splinter.
    I'll have to look into that one.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Then again, I am wondering if I've been lucky, because most of them discussed on this thread and others do sound like a stack of dog turds.
    Learn from the mistakes of others; save yourself a lot of time and drain bamage by getting the scoop from Zombie Movie Review sites.

Dying

United States
    Dead Life is far and away the worst zombie movie I've ever seen. A man loses his penis in an attempt at necrophilia. Yea, that movie went there. Do not be deceived by the bad-ass cover, that movie was wretched. Worst acting I think I've ever been subjected to, and the aforementioned dick-eating scene was enough to convince me to scratch the shit out of the DVD I rented before returning it.

Also didn't care for 'the Dead Next Door.' The entire intro is cool, the scenes depicting the initial outbreak, but it all deteriorated when the zombie hunters were brought in, with their horribly cheesy names (Raimi? Romero? C'mon, thats not funny, its fucking stupid) and even worse acting.

Day of the Dead 2008 was really bad. The 'badass' of the movie is Nick Cannon? 'nuff said.

Children of the Living Dead didn't piss me off as much as any of the movies I listed above. When Savini was killed off in the first 4 minutes, that was highly disappointing and sets the viewers expectations LOW from that point, maybe that's why I was so forgiving.

As far as higher budget zombie flicks go, I really hated 28 Days Later. All the love that movie gets catches me off-guard....I thought it sucked just as bad as any of the other movies I brought up....just with a much bigger budget. Seriously, 28 Days Later is one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen. But I oughtta go check it out again, maybe I won't hate it as much now.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I'm almost afraid to admit this but I liked The Stink of Flesh.
    Dare I ask why? Or by answering that would you implicate yourself in some sort of crime?

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Land of the dead.

Why? Click.
    I see; a case of expectations and disappointment.

Let's try this then: After Land of the Dead, what's the next worst zombie movie that you've seen?

Twitching

United States
    Rating of Top 5 Zombie Movies (IMO)
    1) Dawn of the Dead (original)
    2) Night of the Living Dead (Savini remake)
    3) Day of the Dead (original)
    4) Land of the Dead
    5) Resident Evil: Extinction

Bottom 5 Zombie Movies
    -1) Diary of the Dead
    -2) Survival of the Dead
    -3) Return of the Living Dead 3/Day of the Dead (remake) tied.
    -4) Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
    -5) Undead/Dead Men Walking tied for worst.

Wow, just looking from one list to the other I'm reminded just how cool zombie flicks can be, and just how eye-gougingly bad they can be.

Even worse, I was rapidly running out of contenders for Good zombie movies, while it was an encyclopedic review to determine the curdled cream of the worst.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomBub View Post
    . . . And that's saying something considering that I currently have 107+ under my belt.

***START SPOILER ALERT***

The Stink of Flesh

Matool is the hero. Matool fights zombies with a hammer and some big nails. We're in trouble already. Matool wastes no time putting the moves on the ladies. No sooner than he save her, and he's already whispering sweet pillow-talk into some girl's ear, even though she just watched her brother get killed and partially eaten by zombies. Matool is a jackass. The brother and sister, and a card-carrying member of NAMBLA with a ridiculous hat and one of his boy-toys, all die only moments after we've met them, because it's hard to survive in a zombie world. (That or it's just hard for the script-writers and director to develop characters.)

Matool gets kidnapped by some swingers, and likes it (but I don't). Then some paramilitary guys show up, and there are orgies, and lesbianism, and necrophilia. Most of the people die, and the movie abruptly comes to an end, with the insinuation of more pedophilia to come.

I officially hate this movie.

***END SPOILER ALERT***

So, what's the worst zombie movie that you've ever seen, and what made it so bad?

If you're interested, you can also see more of my reviews at zombiecinema.webs.com.
    IMDB seems to love it - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378808/usercomments

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    4) Land of the Dead

Bottom 5 Zombie Movies
    -1) Diary of the Dead
    -2) Survival of the Dead

Wow, just looking from one list to the other I'm reminded just how cool zombie flicks can be, and just how eye-gougingly bad they can be.

Even worse, I was rapidly running out of contenders for Good zombie movies, while it was an encyclopedic review to determine the curdled cream of the worst.
    I could see myself having a pretty similar top 5. Definitely wouldn't have RE: Extinction on there though, I thought that was the worst of the three when I first saw it. For bottom 5 I'd have a completely different list though.

Rapidly running out of contenders for your top list? Maybe you're just forgetting a bunch. Shaun of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Slither, Zombieland, Planet Terror, Black Sheep, Doghouse, Pontypool, Dead Set, Night of the Zombies, Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town...I could list a ton more. Not all masterpieces, but all thoroughly entertaining, in my opinion.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm seeing some pretty mixed reviews there, and not just love-it-or-hate-it, but so-so ratings as well. This has, nevertheless, caused me to lose yet more faith in humanity.

Undisclosed

Red face

4) Land of the Dead

Bottom 5 Zombie Movies
    -1) Diary of the Dead
    -2) Survival of the Dead

what! no original Night of the Living Dead in your top 5? but you have Land in there? come on dude!

but i do agree with the shit posted for the 5 worst!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All I would do is replace Land with the dawn remake and that list looks about right to me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A Resident Evil film in a top five list? Whoa.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    I was just gonna say myself that the RE films are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
    If it wasn't for the seriously hot pieces off ass peppered throughout the series I'd agree with you.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Thumbs up yep!

ill agree Darth anything that supports a nice chubby is worth my time!